Author Topic: Old Guns  (Read 5742 times)

snowpro440

Old Guns
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Why is this forum so Quiet ?  Not too many people have these guns or just that the 219 220 guns were of so long ago that there is no interest.  Most people are all about a rapid fire guns of today , just a generation away from extinction of these old things as it seems .

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Old Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
I think the site is so quiet because there are so few collectors and little interest in these guns.  Before I had my book for sale, I only knew 3 other people who collected these guns.  Since printing and advertising for sale, I have talked with a couple of others who are collectors, and I would think most of my sales have at least been to people who were interested in them.  But...I think we are a rare breed who appreciate the good quality of these guns.  My reason for getting my son to set up this site is to hopefully share information and meet some other collectors.  There are two other forums that I have looked at, and there is some good information on them, but there is a lot of misinformation on the internet about these guns.  I appreciate you and everyone who even reads my site and especially those few who have made comments or asked questions.  Best wishes to all of you!

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Old Guns UPDATE.......Almost 3 years later!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:35:51 PM »
It has been almost 3 years now since the first printing of my book on these two models.  I feel fortunate to have sold 150 copies in that time.  I have had some good feed back from readers and talked and emailed with some nice folks.  As to the popularity of these two models.....the prices are going up, but when I stop at newly discovered gun shops when I am traveling, the younger employees have never heard of these guns.  I now have a REVISED edition of my book that is over double the size of the original, and thanks to some of my readers, as well as additional research by me, there is lots of additional information and many new color pictures.