Author Topic: New To The Forum And Pictures Of My 219 Hornet That You Will Probably Like  (Read 4100 times)

Sako706

This is my first post here. I've run hot and cold on collecting the little 219 guns for a number of years. I turned 76 last fall and am thinking it might be time to pass some on to other folks. The Hornet I'm showing pictures of may be the jewel of my little four gun collection. However, I have a .25-20 that might vie for the leading spot. I also have a .410 and a .30-30.
I'm not very knowledgeable about them. They mostly just sit in a safe. I've shot them all, but sparingly.
My lifelong first love has been vintage Sako rifles. I've had them in .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, .222, .222 Mag, .243, .244, .308 and one other odd one in 7x33. All gone now except the .308 Mannlicher carbine.
At any rate, I'll see if I can get pictures of the 219 Hornet on this post. I probably should try and get better ones.
Jim Stanley
Brazil, IN

Sentry44

Very nice, and excellently restocked.  You really can pretty these guns up...kind of makes me want to do the same with my set.

The Weaver scope with Lischert extender is also a good combo.

Chris

Garnett

• Administrator
Jim, thanks for sharing with us.  Your rifle is beautiful!

MikeLeong

Re: New To The Forum And Pictures Of My 219 Hornet That You Will Probably Like
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 11:02:09 AM »
Wow, really nice patterns in the wood, and a great finish on the metal. I used to do bronze casting back in my university days as an art student, and we were always playing around with different patinas for the finish etc. I wish I had studied that technique more.

I knew nothing about these guns until a friend showed me his 219 in 30-30, and how he had found it just laying around in barn somewhere. I knew I had to have one at that point and finally got one in 30-30 last year.

Mike