Author Topic: Boyd's butt stocks  (Read 1370 times)

TXTROUT66

Boyd's butt stocks
« on: April 16, 2022, 07:51:13 AM »
Anyone have a picture of a Boyd's butt stock that they have purchased for a 219/220? I'd like to see an actual picture of one before I fully consider getting one for a project. All I'm seeing are the general representation of butt stick, and not a true picture of one.

Thanks in advance!

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Boyd's butt stocks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 04:47:35 PM »
I have a brand new one I purchased a few years ago.  I have been away from home for several days.  Home now, and when all the dust settles, I will try to find it and take a photo(s) for you.  I did put it on a gun to see how it looks.  It fit well.  More later.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 03:21:50 PM »
Well, I said brand new and it was when I got it.  I put it on an action.  The wood is over sized where it meets the action, which is good as the  Savage factory stocks are prone to crack where they meet the action.  My stock fits the action very well.  However, with the Monte Carlo style, my eyes are too high for the rifle sights.  I think it would be fine with a scope.  Attached are some pictures.  Overall, the Boyd is a good well made stock in my opinion.  How much are they selling for these days?  I hope the pictures are helpful.

TXTROUT66

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 03:56:23 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, that helps. Is that the basic walnut, or one of the upgrades?

The butt stocks start at $86 now.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 04:48:51 PM »
This is a basic stock.  If you are interested in buying my stock at a reduced price of $50 including shipping to the original 48 states, please contact me at my personal email       garnettstancil@hotmail.com