Author Topic: Barrel band swivel  (Read 15711 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Barrel band swivel
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.  These are the same style swivels on my shotguns.  The barrel swivel is what I call "spot welded",  just like the forearm barrel stud.  The factory did a really neat job of mounting these swivels.  What caliber is your rifle?  I have not seen any other rifles with factory swivels.  I take all my pictures inside the house.  I use a white back ground and have two bright clamp on style lights that I can move to the best advantage for picture taking.  Your pictures look great to me.  The detail shows the flat as opposed to round round stock used to make them.  Thanks again for sharing!

Breaker

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 12:02:30 AM »
   Well, thanks back. I know as close to nothing about photography as is possible. It is not one of my interests. If you would like more pictures of the mounts taken from different angles, let me know.

The rifle that has those mounts is a .25/20. My favorite caliber.     This past Thursday I got a shot at a coyote. I had just woken up and saw three deer running down the lane. They stopped at the edge of my yard and all looked back. I saw something farther out and got up and got my monocular. Coyote! I grabbed my M1 carbine. Big mistake. In hindsight, I sure wish I had grabbed a .25/20. The deer ran on into the woods. I cracked open the window and waited as the coyote came closer. I got one clear shot at him but missed. He jumped into the grass under a row of pine trees. Missed again. I then ran to the door and out of the house and lobbed three more shots at him as he fled but had no real expectation of a hit. I blame my missing on the poor sights of the M1. Wish I had grabbed a .25/20 instead. I believe that if I had made the right choice, I would have nailed him with the first shot and have had a pelt.

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 07:36:36 AM »
Thanks for sending these pictures.  What caliber is your rifle that these are on?