Author Topic: Hi to all  (Read 5097 times)

mkd123

Hi to all
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
Wanted to say hi to all. I have a couple of model 219s. I have hunted with them and truly enjoy them. Both guns are 30-30. One is a model 219B which had the barrel shortened by the previous owner i suspose. I installed a Lyman Barrel Band Front Sight Ramp, a two leaf express style sight, and a barrel band sling swivel (soldered on). I installed a Vintage Weaver K3 with post crosshair. This is my everyday deer rifle and shoots the Rem 170 gr coreloks very well. The second gun is a utica that is original and one that i plan a full restoration. I have had it apart many times and now have no issue with disassebly/assembly. If i can be of assistance to anyone please don't hesitate to ask. Great forum look forward to building a wealth of information on these fine rifles

respectfully
mkd123

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Hi to all
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Please share some pictures if you have time.  I think the sights you installed sound pleasing to the eye.  Do you have the "see through" scope bases or are the iron sights back up if your scope get damaged on a hunt.  Best wishes,  Garnett
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:01:32 PM by Garnett »

mkd123

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »
Thank you sir, i have a one piece weaver base, i can't see the iron sights anyway. Soon as wife gets home i'll work on some pictures

respectfully
mkd123

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
I look forward to pictures!