Author Topic: Charles' Guns  (Read 4262 times)

gwsiii

• Administrator
Charles' Guns
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:33:26 PM »
Garnett,
 here is what i was talking about. in the first picture (14253) i have two guns with original barrels: the left is a .410 and the right is a 16 ga. the levers are pointing straight back mostly. in the second picture (142842) i've put a 12 ga barrel on the action to the left and a 30-30 on the action on the right. you can see there is a slight gap between the 12 ga barrel and the receiver (too small to put your thumbnail in) and the lever sticks out to the right. the forearm doesn't fit on either. the 30-30 works fine on the gun to the right. in the third picture i swapped the 12 ga and 30-30 barrels. the 30-30 has the lever sticking out to the right and the 12 ga barrel fits just fine on the gun on the right. The receiver on the right which originally came as a 16 ga will fit all of the barrels i have, except for the 22 hornet. when i try to put the 22 hornet barrel on the gun to the right, i get the same lever sticking out to the right. the receiver on the 16 ga has a 219 stamped on the lower right and the .410 receiver has a circled three on the top right of the receiver. i was just wondering if there was some adjustment or changes you needed to make when changing barrels.

thanks,
charles

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Charles' Guns
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
For more discussion on this subject, see remarks in "General Discussion"..."Changing Barrels".  Many thanks to my son, Trey, for posting these pictures.