Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4106 times)

Ericb

Hello everyone
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
Hello! Just found a 220 in 20 gauge at a local Cabela's and it followed me home.  Wanted to find out more and this site came up in my Google search. 

Mike Armstrong

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
Welcome!  Let us know the details of your 20 (what plant made it, etc.).  I'd be interested to know bbl. length, too.  Savage cataloged the 220 20 guage in 26", 30" and 32" but I've never seen one that wasn't a 28".  Neat little guns; light, quick and lethal on birds and small game.

Mike Armstrong

Ericb

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
Thanks Mike!
It's a Utica gun.  The barrel is 30". Overall pretty good condition, some small cracks in the stock, a couple of scratches and a ding on the receiver.  Completely rust free and the bore is like new.

The forearm is a little loose.  I'll see what it takes to tighten that up.  I had one of these in a 12 gauge some years ago.  Gave that one away and always thought a 20 would be perfect.  Anxious to give it a try.

Ericb

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »
Oh, and there is a duck /marsh scene engraved or stamped on the bottom of the receiver.

Mike Armstrong

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
A couple of cool extra features!  Depends what is causing the looseness in the forrend.  One thing I always try is putting strip of sticky back weather stripping or velcro stripping around the barrel just so it doesn't show from the outside and then trying the forend on.  Sometimes tightens it right up.  Sometimes not.

I'm sure that Garnett will want the details on your shotgun for his records.  (I'm glad to know that Savage wasn't lying about 30" 20s!

popplecop

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 06:09:07 AM »
I have a 220P and  a couple  of 219s, a 22 Hornet rechambered to  a K Hornet and a 30-30.  When I was able to get around better the 30-30 was my favorite stalking single shot.  Killed a number of deer with it, light and accurate.  Love these 2 models.

Garnett

• Administrator
Hello Popplecop
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »
I have been away for the weekend so I am late with this.  Thanks for sharing your likes with us.  If either of your guns has a serial number, would you let me have that info and the exact model.....219C, etc.  I am trying to gather this data.  Your 220P is an uncommon gun.  I only have 3 with "Polly" or "Savage" chokes on the barrel.  Best wishes, Garnett