Author Topic: WANTED: M220 Trap Gun Forearm  (Read 3003 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
WANTED: M220 Trap Gun Forearm
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »
UPDATE 5-5-18.....I still need the forearm listed below if anyone has one for sale.

I just received a 2nd Model Utica Trap Gun.  Due to the poor quality of the pictures, when it arrived I discovered the original Trap Forearm has been replaced, apparently years ago, with some kind of dark laminated wood.  Home made.  I will ask more questions and for more pictures next time.  I decided to keep the gun as I do not have a 12 gauge Trap model.  So.....does anyone have an original Trap forearm.  They were beaver tailed and checkered.  I know this may be a hopeless cause as I have only seen 5 Trap model guns for sale in the past 10 years, and I have 4 of them.  Please help if you can! :-[

I looked back at the sale listing.  It was a "no return item".  The seller only showed a long range, full length shot with the forearm,  The balance of the close up pictures did not show a close up of the forearm.  It was impossible to tell the forearm was a replacement from the single picture.  My mistake.  I will know better next time.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:38:00 PM by Garnett »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: WANTED: M220 Trap Gun Forearm
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
It has taken 15 months, but I have found a "Trap" style forearm for this gun.  It arrived this morning.  The attaching metal on it would not lock up on my gun, so I took the metal from the replacement forearm, and put on the original, and it fits perfect!  There are no numbers inside the new forearm, so no problem with matching numbers.  The gun now has the proper wood on it.  Please allow me to remind you again to study all pictures carefully before purchase, and if you have any question or doubt, contact the seller before buying!

Mike Armstrong

Re: WANTED: M220 Trap Gun Forearm
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
Glad you found one!  It's always open season on gun parts, and you must be a pretty darn good hunter by now!