Author Topic: I guess I missed introducing myself  (Read 2773 times)

Trooperdan

• Retired army and DoD civil Service
I guess I missed introducing myself
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:34:26 PM »
Hi guys, I'm the newest competitor to those good Savage 219's and 220's on Gunbroker et all!  I've been registered here a good while but apparently missed an introduction.  I'm a retired army gun and civil service (Dept of the Army) now spending most of my time in Palm Beach county FL but also a couple of months in central North Carolina.
  I collect mostly C&R military arms but have long had an admiration for the Savage single shots.  I once had a 219 with .30-30 and .22 H barrels but it got away from me. 
  I also compete in Glock GSSF outdoor and indoor matches in my area.  While in the army, I spent a couple of years on rifle teams, imagine being paid to shoot!  I still occasionally complete in Civilian Marksmanship matches with M-1 Garand, Carbine and 1903 Springfield but the targets are harder and harder to distinguish with these 75 year old eyes.
  Too bad in one way there isn't a lot of activity on this forum but then again, fewer competitors on Gunbroker and others! :)

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: I guess I missed introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
Trooper Dan, It is good to hear from you.  Do you have any of these two Savage single shots now?  Please share your thoughts about items on this forum with us if you find items to your interest.  Best wishes, Garnett