Author Topic: Tennessee Military Collectors Show Franklin, TN  (Read 5552 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Tennessee Military Collectors Show Franklin, TN
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
There will be a great military collectors show at the Marriott Hotel on Cool Springs Blvd. (just off the interstate 65) on Friday and Saturday of this week.  I will have a display entitled "SAVAGE ARMS Go To WAR".  I will have two Savage M220 shotguns in the display that are a little different and a Colt M1911 slide made by Savage during WWI.  Also will be a short history lesson about the wartime production of Savage Arms during WWI and WWII.  My display is small and not worth driving very far to see, but if you are close by and like military arms, it is a great show.  Free parking.  Open to the public 1 pm to 6 on Friday and 8 am to 4 on Saturday.  Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:48:58 PM by Garnett »

gwsiii

• Administrator
Re: Tennessee Military Collectors Show Franklin, TN (pictures added)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »
Display from TMCA...

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:47:16 AM by gwsiii »

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Tennessee Military Collectors Show Franklin, TN
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
On display were a M1911 Colt slide made by Savage during WWI.  The war ended and the contract was cancelled before anything other than slides were made.  Also on display was a British Enfield in .303 caliber made by Savage during WWII.  There were 2 Model 220 shotguns.  One "U.S." marked with Ordnance "Bomb" in 12 gauge.  The other is in .22 SHOT caliber, thought to have been made under contract during WWII for the Army Air Corp to shoot birds inside aircraft hangers.  Also featured were pictures and information about Savage production of the M1907 .45 a.c.p. pistol submitted for U.S. government trials, the Lewis gun in WWI, and the Thompson Machinegun in WWII.  It was a great military show.  NO JUNK.