Author Topic: Savage 219 stock for sale (not mine).  (Read 4672 times)

Mike Armstrong

Savage 219 stock for sale (not mine).
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
Thought I'd give people a heads-up on a part for sale.  It's on the "Classifieds" forum of the website www.24hourcampfire.com, and the poster uses the handle "saddlering."  He posts regularly on their forum "Savage Collectors," and seems to be knowledgeable.  I've never done business with him, but he's got a walnut 219 stock complete with stock bolt, Savage buttplate, and buttplate screws for $65 if you need one.

Mike Armstrong

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Savage 219 stock for sale (not mine).
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 07:26:54 AM »
Speaking only for myself, I have been researching these two model guns for about 14 years and have purchased 42 of them for my research and collection.  As a result of this, I have written two books, the first one printed in August of 2014.  The revised edition, printed in May of 2017, was made possible by talking with others who read my book and contacted me with information about their collections of these guns.  Others who have shared information on this forum with us, are, I suppose, speaking from their personal knowledge and experience with these guns.

Cleetus

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »
Garnett,

I think the asker of what is the source of, how do find, etc with the oddball names is jerking your chain or trolling and the like. A better reply might be none or, "Oh, that's nice".

Garnett

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »
You could be correct.