Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buy, Sell, Wanted, and Trade... / Re: Early model 219/220 parts
« Last post by Savageguy219 on May 12, 2024, 11:14:32 AM »
This was my old account I know longer have access too (summitww). Check my new post for parts savageguy219

Buy, Sell, Wanted, and Trade... / Re: 219/220 Internal Parts
« Last post by Savageguy219 on May 12, 2024, 11:10:06 AM »
Just listed all the parts I have.  Have a few complete sets of receiver parts
Buy, Sell, Wanted, and Trade... / Savage 219/220 parts
« Last post by Savageguy219 on May 12, 2024, 11:06:49 AM »
Hello all, I have all internal parts for sale including firing pins.  Also a butt stock in fair condition, also fits Savage 24 combo gun.  Email jsummit82@yahoo.com for pricing.

Hi! My Name is... / Re: G'day All
« Last post by Garnett on May 11, 2024, 11:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the update.  If you have time, please post a picture of some of your targets with modern bullet styles.
« Last post by MikeLeong on May 11, 2024, 11:14:05 AM »
I reloaded my Savage 219 30-30 with Hornady FTX 165 grain bullets, and Leverevolution powder and got great results, one inch groups all day long. I do not think there is any load data from Hornady for 25-20 or 32-20 as those calibers are not popular anymore and the powder/bullet companies do not test them with their products.

The older reloading books will have suggestions for loads that work though using powders that were around back then and still available now. It is always a lot of fun to try out loads that were developed by the experts using their proper monitoring for pressures etc., and see which ones work for you!
« Last post by Garnett on May 08, 2024, 11:59:16 PM »
Steve, I reloaded years ago and taught my son and daughter how to load.  The nice thing about reloading, to me, is that years ago, the .25-20, .32-20, and .30-30 were almost all loaded with round or flat nose bullets because they were in magazine tubes of lever action rifles.  I firmly believe that the modern pointed nose bullet types should be more accurate in these Savage single shots.  Please let us know if you try any in your rifle.
« Last post by StevenJ on May 08, 2024, 02:17:52 AM »
Thanks Garnett,

I look forward to tinkering with it and shooting it.

I managed to pick up 150 cases for it. 50 Winchester and 100 Bertram. Although I am still waiting on dies to load, I think the Bertram brass (Aussie made) looks better than the Winchester. It may be that the Winchester was in the shop for a while as the necks are a bit banged around. Visually, the Bertram looks better. To pick up this brass was just over $270. To me that is SUPER expensive, but all I read is that brass is hard to get, so I bought it while I saw it. There is more available, but I just can't justify the cost until I know it shoots.

I'd love to cast my own bullets too, but for the moment, there is another Aussie buisiness that makes them. It costs me $87 to my door for 500 bullets.

Steve
Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles / Re: What model utility?
« Last post by StevenJ on May 06, 2024, 06:02:09 AM »
It may not be 'mint' but it is a darn sight better than my sorry example  :)

What mounts have you used for your scope?

Steve
Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles / Re: New to me - 25-20WCF
« Last post by StevenJ on May 06, 2024, 06:00:10 AM »
QUESTIONS

1) Can I remove the ejector trigger hook and turn this gun into an extractor. The 25-20 cases are so hard to come by that I don't want them shooting over my shoulder to be lost in the grass.

2) Does anyone still make stocks for these guns?

3) Would it be a crime to refinish the metal work with a rust blue?

4) If I wanted to install a peep sight on the top of the barrel, what have others found worked?
Savage 219 Single Shot Rifles / Re: New to me - 25-20WCF
« Last post by StevenJ on May 06, 2024, 05:54:05 AM »
Here are the last images that others may find useful. The front stock fastening mechanism (I am sure it has a correct term) was a tad lose when I picked the gun up, but a couple of very gentle taps to slightly close the matching hook on the barrel has now made it snap shut nice and firm. The timber on this front stock has worn over the years and again I will likely make a full replacement.

Here is the ejector.

I hope these have been useful images to collectors and enthusiasts. I am sure that I have missed things that are considered important. If anyone would like any more photos I am happy to help.

Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10